A comprehensive orientation session has been developed to provide you with more information about the MRC initiative, policies/procedures relating to MRC, and your role as an MRC volunteer in medical and public health emergency response in Miami-Dade County. It is required for you to attend an orientation session before your membership to MRC can be completed. You are invited to this orientation session and we hope to see you there!
Purpose of the MRC Orientation Session:
The orientation session will provide the opportunity for new MRC volunteers to learn more about the MRC volunteer initiative, policies/procedures relating to MRC, training requirements, activities, and their role as an MRC volunteer in medical and public health emergency response in Miami-Dade.
New MRC volunteers and those who work supporting the MRC initiative
1) Increase participant awareness and knowledge about the MRC initiative
2) Provide information about policies/procedures related to MRC
3) Provide information about the role of MRC volunteers in medical and public health emergency response in Miami-Dade County
4) Provide information about training requirements and future activities and opportunities
5) Provide an opportunity for networking
· Achieve a basic understanding of the MRC initiative
· Identify MRC guidelines and/or procedures for assignment, activation, reporting and deactivation
· Understand MRC members’ roles and responsibilities
· Describe the role of the local MRC unit in public health and/or emergency response in Miami-Dade County
· Recognize the need for additional trainings and/or activities as they pertain to MRC